Graphical Frontend to HandBrakeCLI
RippedWire is a graphical front end to HandBrakeCLI, an open-source, GPL-licensed, multiplatform, multithreaded DVD to MPEG-4 converter.
Since RippedWire is powered by HandBrakeCLI, it supports all of the features that HandBrakeCLI does:
Screenshots of 1.0.1: Click Here
- Any DVD-like source: VIDEO_TS folder, DVD image or real DVD (encrypted or unencrypted, but protection methods other than CSS are not supported and must be handled externally with third-party software), and some .VOB and .TS files
- PAL or NTSC
- AC-3, DTS, LPCM or MPEG audio tracks
- File format: MP4, MKV, AVI or OGM
- Video: MPEG-4 or H.264 (1 or 2 passes or constant quantizer/rate encoding)
- Audio: AAC, MP3, Vorbis or AC-3 pass-through (supports encoding of several audio tracks)
- Chapter selection
- Basic subtitle support (burned into the picture)
- Integrated bitrate calculator
- Picture deinterlacing, cropping and scaling
- Grayscale encoding
- RippedWire was created by and currently maintained by Jeffrey Kirk.
- HandBrakeCLI was created by the HandBrake team.
- HandBrake WinGUI was the basis for the original RippedWire.
If you somehow contributed to this project and I left you off, I'm sorry. Contact me and I'll add you to this page.